John Gray's Hong by Starlight with Sea Kayaking & Loy Krathong Floating
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Thalang Phuket Thailand, Others (International)
- Product code: MPH145
Enjoy an afternoon kayaking in sea caves in Phang Nga Bay with an experienced guide, including limestone caves and hidden lagoons discovered by John Gray in 1989. Eat a delicious seafood buffet and cap off the evening by floating a handmade flower Kratong in a natural light show.
Get picked up at mid-day in an air-conditioned minivan and enjoy a nutritious lunch aboard a twin-engine boat. Get a briefing about the natural and geological sites of Phang Nga Bay, and how to navigate its caves.
Kayak through limestone caves and lagoons in hand-made kayaks. Discover hidden rooms within the caves populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mu-skippers, egrets, sea eagles, and brahminy kites. Visit a few more caves with your guide and participate in a Loy Krathong (flower) workshop as the sun begins to set.
After dark, float your hand-made Krathong in a spiritual natural light show complete with fireflies and bio-luminescent plankton. Eat a delicious seafood buffet on the trip back, prepared with fresh and high-quality ingredients. At the end of the tour, get dropped off back at your hotel.
- Kayak around Panak Island and world-famous James Bond Island
- Marvel at the amazing limestone rock formations in Phang Nga Bay
- Relax on beautiful beaches or enjoy a swim in crystal-clear waters
- Guided kayak tour of Phang Nga Bay
- Paddler with equipment and life jacket rental
- Buffet lunch and dinner
- Round-trip transfers from your hotel in Phuket via air-conditioned minivan
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- National park fee
What’s Not Included
- Pick-up and drop-off at Natai Beach and Khaolak Hotel
• Be sure to bring swimwear, shorts, a light t-shirt, a beach towel, sunglasses, sunblock and a camera
• National park admission fees are payable on the day of the tour and are subject to change
• Tour stops and activities may change due to weather conditions and sea levels
• Be aware that one of the experienced staff will paddle you around: this is not a self-paddle tour